Imagine a place where each child blossoms, where creativity, individuality, and a passion for learning are nurtured and developed. A place where children are valued for who they are, where their learning journeys are valued, respected and supported by an incredibly talented team. A place you can trust to help you in the ever-important process of educating your young child. We are that place! Welcome to the Early Years Programme at ISL!
We recognise and honour the Early Years period (ages 4-6) as pivotal in building a foundation for the future educational life of our students. Here is where it all starts — growing curiosity and the love of learning!
In our Early Years Programme we:
- Value the home school connection. We see parents as partners, we value your input and the ways in which we can work together to support learning.
- Hire and maintain a highly experienced teaching staff.
- See each child as an individual, adapting learning experience to ensure these experiences are rigorous, motivating and enjoyable.
- Provide well-rounded holistic learning and developmental experiences through a broad, balanced and ambitious learning curriculum.
Our Early Years unit (ages 4-6) immerses children in an atmosphere of wonder, care, exploration and growth through our implementation of the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC). It isn’t long until your childs’ love of learning grows from the inside out. Young children learn best through direct sensory encounters with the world, rather than through abstract and formal academic procedures. Our IEYC programme is supported by trained, experienced and committed adults.
- Emphasises developmentally appropriate learning opportunities grounded in developmental theory.
- Nurtures child-initiated inquiry, wondering and questioning.
- Emphasises language as the foundation of literacy development.
- Encourages children to make supported and independent decisions about their learning engagements.
- Embraces the outdoors as a valued part of our learning environment.
- Enables children to understand their experiences with others and the world through exploration and play with a variety of developmentally appropriate resources.
- Offers children the opportunity to learn in a multi-age environment.